Who run the world? Instagram. Sorry Beyonce.
Introducing Instagram Live Video aka RIP Periscope
New Ways to Share Memories (newish)
Live video on Instagram was actually introduced back in November but only now are people starting to realize what it actually is.
Live video on Instagram is a way to show your followers what you’re doing in real time through Instagram Stories. But wait what’s the difference between this and Instagram Stories? Instagram Live viewers can comment and send love while you’re live and you can actually interact back with them on camera.
For those of you who are too lazy to read (so all of you), here’s a short video from Instagram to explain what we’re even talking about.
When you’re done, your live story disappears from the app and no one can ever see it again.
Things You Should Know
- When you go live, your friends get a notification on their phone if they have push notifications on for Instagram.
- You can see how many people are watching and who’s joined the live feed.
- When you’re live, there will be a LIVE label underneath your profile pic on the Instagram Stories feed at the top of your followers screen. So literally everyone will know that you’re live.
- People can comment as much as they want and can troll the shit out of you so don’t be annoying.
- This is basically periscope but better.
Here’s what it looks like:
Here’s some other Instagram Story stuff you might care about:
This is either going to get super annoying or be pretty dope. Either way, Instagram vs Everyone! Am I right?
Information & photos taken from Instagram Blog. Thanks Mom!